The Armenian General Benevolent Union (AGBU) is the world’s largest non-profit organization devoted to upholding the Armenian heritage through educational, cultural, socio-economic and humanitarian programs. Each year, AGBU is committed to making a difference in the lives of 500,000 people across Armenia, Nagorno-Karabakh and the Armenian diaspora. Headquartered in New York City, AGBU has an active presence in 31 countries and 74 cities and addresses the needs of Armenians with traditional and progressive programs worldwide —from schools, scouts, camps and support for the arts to internships, virtual learning and young professional networks.
AGBU had over fifty different websites built in either WordPress, Joomla, or other hand-coded solutions. The challenges with managing multiple platforms included security risks, redundant costs, injury to the brand with different interfaces, and clashing communication/messaging. As a result of a content technology assessment, it was recommended that AGBU unify its Web platform, including the underlying software code base as well as the branding and messaging/content strategy.
AGBU in conjunction with TrazerEdge, defined its vision for the new platform. We recommended Drupal as the centralized content management platform to support the functionality and flexibility that AGBU needed on its main site and other district/chapter/’hub office’ sites.
- Drupal 9 implementation
- Migration from WordPress to Drupal
- Multi-domain configuration using Domain Access module, for global chapter sites
- Multi-lingual configuration for English, Armenian and French
- Drupal integration with CiviCRM donation and event registration forms
- Sophisticated editing experience and flexible page building using a collection of components including slide shows, carousels, accordions, tabs, and more
- Related content lists and carousels for a tailored user experience
- Event management, including event submission forms, workflow and creation/display of event promotional information
- Custom responsive theme development with breakpoints to adapt to any screen size
- Standardized the organization and relationship of content using a single taxonomy
- Faceted search for browsing and filtering Events, Programs and News using Solr
- Implementation of custom Location Directory for browsing of global chapters, schools, offices, and young professional groups
- Requirements and Wireframes Definition
- Design Consultation
- Technical Specifications and Implementation
- Custom theme development
- Drupal site-building and Webform implementation for multi-domain site
- Custom development for integration with CiviCRM
- Quality Assurance
- Content Loading
- Support and maintenance